Also included in this issue:
Space/Pattern/Texture: Profiling designer-artists doing provocative work.
Collection Spotlight: Highlighting fresh perspectives from Wolf-Gordon products:
- Soleil - Designed for interiors requiring particularly high performance, this subtle geometric brings a calming vibe to busy spaces. Easy-on-the-eye rows of circles in graduated sizes—reflecting the rhythms in nature—are woven in 100% Crypton Green® polyester that contains 25% post-consumer and 45% pre-consumer recycled content.
- Vicious Circle by Ghislaine Viñas - Designer Ghislaine Viñas was inspired by the interaction between circles and lines found in Wolf-Gordon patterns from the 1980s in developing this large-scale geometric design. Dense versions of green, blue, and red—Viñas’s favorites—as well as several grays with subtle tonal streaks are represented in the seven colorways.
- Digital Sunset - Photography and hand-drawn patterning come together in Carla Weisberg’s exquisite digitally printed wallcovering. Warm and cool shades complement each other in an abstracted image that transforms the horizon into a vertical composition and turns our perspective sideways.
- Double Vision: Jessie Oonark, Janet Kigusiuq, and Victoria Mamnguqsualuk - The Textile Museum of Canada
- Avaar - Catskill Art Space
- On Video Games: Ten Minutes with Amira Virgil - La Triennale di Milano
- The Cold Gaze - Germany in the 1920s - Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- The Energy Show - Het Nieuwe Instituut
Next Issue: Summer 2023. See you then!